Friday, May 02, 2008

I've made the decision today to discontinue working in our shop completely for the foreseeable future. The mornings in the shop, although only an hour or so in duration, have unsettled me not only at the time I am in the shop/stockroom but for a couple of hours afterwards. Thankfully hubby is supportive and has been gently understanding. It does increase his workload and he will miss his Saturday return to bed for a well-deserved rest. I do worry about the inevitable stress and longer hours of work for him....and pray for strength of mind and body for him.

I have a myriad of medical appointments in the next week or so and there will be evaluation of my mental health and appropriate treatments set in place. I can't praise the NHS and my family GP enough for their response to my health issues. It is a comfort.

Our bathroom has been gutted today and the workmen will return tomorrow to begin the plumbing work and setting the new suite in place. They did estimate the work would take 5 days so we will have a bit more disruption and I anticipate the enjoyment of a luxurious, relaxing soak in our new tub (I've already bought the lavendar essential oil!)

This is a Bank Holiday weekend and the workmen will work throughout to keep the refit on schedule. If you are celebrating the Bank Holiday may it be an enjoyable and restful one.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacquie - I'm so proud of you for making this decision. I'm glad to hear your husband is supportive. I think it will prove to be a very wise one in your journey toward the new complete you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home