Wednesday, April 02, 2008

There's a "new" me emerging. Spring is in the air and is so full of promise. I can hear birdsong most hours of the day (and some of the night too!) and seeing the primula, daffodils and budding trees surely makes the outdoors an attractive choice after the long winter...even a mild winter such as we've had here this year.

I've been on a 10-week weight management course to learn about healthy eating choices and it has been an eye-opener. I'm enjoying food in a most wonderful way...it's my friend and not my enemy these days and would you believe I actually prefer cucumber, apples, cabbage, carrots, grapes...and that has got to be a first for me! Everything has converged to bring me to this time and place and I'm loving it...and loving ME!

I have left behind 6 years of deep, dark depression and am now embracing a relaxed, happy period in my life. It has been a bit of a roller coaster ride in many ways but it's now become a meandering journey to discovering what it is to live each day with a thankful heart and a good measure of optimism and fun. I can recommend it!

Have a good day readers/friends. Be blessed.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 pm, Blogger Jane said...

Jacquie have you tried a new fruit or veg lately? A friend of mine tries a new one each week - something strange looking in the fruit aisle from the grocery store! She grabs it even if she doesn't know what it is or what to do with it! She will blog about it too! I love to read her blog - one week she did a dragon fruit! It looked like radish but with seeds like a kiwi inside but she said it was delicious - like a strawberry grape!!! all juicy! I keep looking for one but haven't found one since :) I never seem to find anything 'different' in my grocery store but I know British stores have more choice!! Have fun!

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Jacquie said...

I haven't tried any new fruits for some time but I did try a variety of broccoli recently (can't remember what it was called...lol). It was not in the usual style of clumps but rather long think stalks. The family wasn't too impressed (nor was I!) but that could be down to overcooking.

There is a large variety of different fruits available in the supermarket but I think I am just a stick-in-the-mud and keep to the traditional fruit & veg....boring, I realize!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home