Saturday, September 23, 2006

I've been avoiding updating my blog...depression issues mostly! One of our lovely customers has just returned home from a 3-day retreat and presented me with a little prayer card and a container of holy water. I have no experience of this type of gesture, never being a participant in RC tradition.

Despite not being really sure what the water is meant to signify, I was very touched that she cared about me enough to be praying for my peace of mind and heart over the last few weeks and also that she'd remember me while on retreat. I likely will use the water for my plants as I do not think there is any significance to it having special power or anything....but I like to think of this water as nourishment for my beloved plant....kind of like passing on a blessing iyswim.

I'm not sure how often I will update this blog...I am now keeping some journal notes only for my eyes...a part of what I believe will be a significant process to my recovery from this depression that has haunted me for the last four years.

I feel special and loved today...all through the gesture of this lady who I might add has only recently been bereaved after caring for her husband for many years. Now that is a woman who, despite her own personal grief, has the capacity to think and pray for others.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 pm, Blogger Jane said...

How are you doing? Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you....did the book you ordered arrive yet? Have you tried a gratitude journal? I know that is supposed to help ease depression.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home