Wednesday, October 01, 2008


60 years young!

This beautiful bouquet of flowers
was received yesterday
from my lovely friend
Dorothy.

It was a day of surprises!

Our son Dave purchased and prepared
the ingredients for a lovely chicken stir-fry
followed by a cheescake
complete with 60 in numbers and lit up!

I have some huge sunflowers, a thoughtful gift from the above-mentioned son too.
And some lovely cards.
A webcam conversation with our four grandkids....complete with giggles!
(Now that they are living a distance away from us visits are less frequent and as
nana's birthday fell on a school night we'll have to celebrate my birthday on another night.)

It was a lovely day and I dutifully followed the instructions on Dave's card to me....
60 TODAY...put your feet up!
and discovered a new-to-me author Maeve Binchy and her novel
"The Copperwood Tree" (borrowed from the local library and finished in two sittings!!).

Now I'll be entitled to a free bus pass too!
What more could a girl want, eh?

Best of all....I've also got a set of CD's coming from hubby (ordered and coming by post)
of hits of the 60's. I'll be able to bop along while doing the ironing. Such fun!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:41 pm, Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a special birthday!!! I hope you have had a wonderful birthday!!!!!!! It sounds as though you have been totally spoilt - and quite right too :)

Happy 60th birthday!!!!

 
At 7:43 am, Blogger Jacquie said...

Thank you Jane (and for your lovely mention on your own blog too!...what a surprise).

And yes I felt very spoiled. (lol)

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger Beth said...

Happy belated birthday, my dear! I hope my log in name shows. If not, it's Beth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home