Monday, July 28, 2008

Just checkin' in!


I've been moping about the place now for the better part of a week and it's really not much fun! I am pushing myself to do even the bare minimum. What is it about depression that sneaks back in and bites you in the backside? It sure isn't a welcome guest in these here parts I can tell you.

I'm back to either bouts of wanting to sleep the day away or spending the nights in my lazyboy chair alternating between fits of sleep and being wide awake. What is all that about? The old enemy of anxiety has returned with a vengeance and if I had somewhere in mind to run to, I'd be off! That's about the size of it folks.

Even my Activity for Life classes are becoming a chore...I've narrowed it down to two classes that I do still enjoy (tai-chi and aquasize). I really don't find the machines to be much fun and yet speaking to others in the classes, most seem to like the machines best! I'm at this very moment arguing with myself whether to even bother going to the class this morning (it's the machines today!).

I'm also at my therapy appointment this afternoon and finding these aren't too agreeable with me either. I wonder if I'll have the guts to tell the therapist that this afternoon? Ugh! Sometimes I think the therapy is more of a hindrance than a help...anybody reading this ever felt like that if they've been in therapy?

The healthy eating has taken a trip up the Swanee too. Guess you can just say things are a bit crap at the moment. Nothing like tuning in to a blog and coming away from it thinking "that lady's got troubles"......hopefully all this will lift soon and I'll be feeling much better!

I have a saying that I can mostly believe "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade"....trouble is, at the moment, the recipe seems to be eluding me. Til next time....







Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:21 pm, Blogger KeKe said...

Hi Jacquie,
I have been missing you on the SA Forum and am sending you love and light and sunshine this day!! I am soo sorry the depression has caused you to suffer so.
Hugs to you this day!

Pookie Girl

 
At 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrote: "Sometimes I think the therapy is more of a hindrance than a help...anybody reading this ever felt like that if they've been in therapy? "

Several years ago I saw a pleasant, sane, reasonable therapist for talk therapy, and it didn't help at all. Some days it made things worse. I think it was because I needed practical solutions more than I needed to yak away.

You are winning, Jacquie. Love and blessings,

Lindsay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home