Saturday, May 24, 2008


I've been one busy lady! I've had a wonderful two-week visit from a high-school best friend, Ann. She came from Vancouver, B.C. for a visit and has this morning returned to B.C. We sure had a fabulous (awesome even!) 2 weeks.

It was through Ann that I met my husband...I was bridesmaid at her first wedding and my hubby (then unknown to me, but friend and workmate of the groom) was best man...and as they say, the rest is history. Hubby and I have been married 37 years (38 on 1st July) and Ann has now gone on to meet and marry her second lovely hubby Jim.

We visited Cardiff, Aberystwyth, Llandudno, Llangollen and York (and many points inbetween). I think we just about managed to draw breath....we laughed, reminisced, visited with her cousin and a good friend as well as a few outings with meals out etc. It's been so much fun.

I will be resting up now as we covered a lot of miles by English standards and I am weary but content. Housework (dusting, vacuuming and washing all await).

I feel so blessed to have such a friendship and I know Ann has returned home with may happy memories to a hubby and a family dog who are missing her very much.

Jacquie x

1 Comments:

At 2:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise, just when you needed it! How wonderful to spend some girl time with such a dear friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home