Saturday, November 22, 2008


IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG!!!

I have had a rather busy month and my blog has been the casualty!

Almost a month ago I had a surprise message from my Canadian niece to say she was going to come for a visit and would arrive in a week's time!

This photo (to the left) is one of the things we did together at our daughter's home. We celebrated my niece's 56th birthday :-) !!

My niece arrived in Manchester and spent 3 and a half weeks here with us. After her jet lag subsided she was right into cleaning mode! She did me such a good turn, really she did. Anyone who knows Linda will realize she isn't one to sit still and looking at my kitchen units and tiles she realized they were overdue for a good scrub. And she was off!! (lol) I now have a sparkling bunch of kitchen units and backsplash of tiles underneath the wall units. She quickly discovered the cleaning properties of Bicarbonate of Soda.

This was a real gift to me as my agility is sorely tested these days and climbing up onto kitchen countertops to clean units and tiles was beyond me. What a fab job she did!

She has now returned home, warmly greeted by her family. She is jet-lagged once again but so happy to get home before the winter snows!

We are returning to "normal" here in our flat and noticing that the weather is turning much colder in the last couple of days. The newspapers are warning there could even be some snow this weekend....I wonder if we will escape that; it is normally what happens, shielded as we are by the Pennines and the Welsh hills.

Oh....and I have also stopped procrastinating and recorded my first video on YouTube! I hope there will be many more to come. I am rather intimidated by technical gadgets and haven't quite refined the art of vlogging. You might like to take a peek at my first effort? It's had a good lot of comments and a few subscribers...feels rather nice! :-)

I can only post a link here as I don't know how to post the actual video on here...sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKJ6sGJERc (the introductory photo frame is none too flattering I'm sorry to say...but it gets better when you watch the video....honest!)


That's all for today, folks!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:53 pm, Blogger Jane said...

I really enjoyed your video!! It was so nice to 'hear' you!!! You still have your Canadian accent after all this time - with a little bit of Britain mixed in too :)

I learned a lot about you today - that was so cool! What a great idea!

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Jacquie said...

Thank you Jane. I feel a bit more "exposed" on YTube and have heard some disturbing accounts of bullying etc. from YouTubers but I reckon I will still post videos.

The challenge is to get my confidence up and learn all the tricks of the trade! Blogging and Vlogging suit me...I can be a bit of a motormouth.

Glad you enjoyed "meeting" me in the flesh! lol

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

Heres what to do.

Go to Youtube and play your video (press pause if you dont wan to see it)

On the right hand side is something called EMBED copy all that in the box something like object=width...etc

Then go back to your blog post and in the view it will have two TABS

edit html
compose

make sure you choose (edit html)
and paste in there the code you copied from youtube.

Go back to (compose) and type in any words you want and POST

its done

Hope my ramblings help

love dennis

 
At 8:07 pm, Blogger Jacquie said...

Thanks Den...you're a sweetheart :-) I'll give that a try next time (the challenge is to follow the instructions!!) lol x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home